Homemade Dishwasher Detergent

  When you have a 7 person household, 6 of which are home all day it can generate a lot of dishes. I do not exaggerate when I say we do at least 2 full dishwasher loads a day, sometimes as many as 4. I used to buy Electrasol, now called Finish, or Cascade because I felt they did a better job of cleaning than the store brands. Electrasol costs 19 cents per load of dishes if you did not add to the prewash dispenser. Cascade costs 24 cents per load if you did not add to the prewash. The homemade detergent costs 2 cents per load of dishes. I save up to 88 cents a day or $321.20 a year.




1 Cup borax costs 4.79 for 76 oz box
1 Cup baking soda costs 45 cents/box
Add 1 tablespoon to washing compartment. 
















  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment